Balloon Angel Balloon DecorationOct 9th, 2009 | By Erica | Category: Balloon Columns
The steps used in making a balloon column become the base for this balloon angel balloon decoration. Done in all with a mixture of round, latex balloons and #260 twisting balloons in white and light blue, it’s a sweet decoration for a child’s party or baby shower. Use other color combinations, like red, green and white, to make a great Christmas angel balloon decoration, too.
Supplies and instructions are listed below the demonstration video:
- 16 white 11-12 inch balloons
- 5 5 inch white balloons or 11-12 inch balloons inflated to 5″
- 4 white #260 twisting balloon
- 3 light blue #260 twisting balloons
- 1 5 inch light blue balloon or 11-12 inch balloon inflated to 5″
- Each layer of the angel’s body is made of five balloons – one duplet (two balloons whose ends are tied together) and one triplet (three balloons whose ends are tied together) twisted together in the center to form a base of five balloons. Build the first base with five white 11 or 12 inch round, latex balloons.
- Build the second layer of the column with five more white 11 or 12 inch round, latex balloons inflated slightly less than the balloons in the first layer. If it helps, use pieces of cardboard as a template for your balloons by cutting a circle into the middle of each piece of cardboard – one with an 11 inch circle, one with a 10 inch circle and one with an 8 inch circle for the final layer.
- Use a white #260 twisting balloon to anchor the two layers together. Notice that each layer is turned slightly so that it does not line up evenly with the layer below it but that the balloons in one layer center in between two balloons of the layer below.
- Build the third layer of the column with five more 11 or 12 inch round, latex balloons.
- Use a white #260 twisting balloon to anchor the two layers together.
- Twist a duplet and a triplet of white, 5 inch round, latex balloons together to form the neck and attach a round, 11 or 12 inch balloon for the head.
- Assemble the angel’s two pairs of wings and tie the end of an inflated light blue 5 inch latex balloon around the center of the wings to anchor them together.
- Use a twisting balloon to tie the wings onto the angel’s body.
- Inflate a light blue #260 twisting balloon for the halo, tie the two ends of the balloon together, and fit the halo snugly around the angel’s head.
To finish, feel free to draw a face on the balloon angel with eyes, nose, and a heart shaped mouth.