Mickey Mouse Party DecorationsFeb 17th, 2010 | By Erica | Category: Balloon Arches
That cute mouse just never gets old. Here’s a collection of some Mickey Mouse party decorations and balloon ideas for your next birthday party bash for kids (whether they be young or…not so young).
Mickey is a favorite because he’s nice, charming, funny, and thoughtful. He’s the king of Disney World and kids associate him with all the fun and craziness of a giant theme park.
While his colors are red, black, white and yellow, because of the environment in which he’s associated, you can go wild with primary colors to create a brilliantly colored party event.
You can see in this main photo that they’ve used balloon garland to ring off a stage area, cardboard cutouts in the background featuring Minnie and Mickey Mouse and even the entertainer is wearing the traditional red overalls and black sleeved shirt.
It’s all of the little things that culminate together to make the party really bring your theme to life. For Mickey Mouse party decorations don’t miss these ideas:
Mickey Mouse Airwalker Balloons
These Airwalker balloons are about 42 inches tall, made of Mylar, and float along the ground as if they are walking on air. They’re nice size means lots of color to fill up your party space and kids enjoy walking along with them as they wander around.
You can find Airwalkers online at Amazon or at most large party supply stores.
Large Mickey Mouse Cutouts
To cover wall space and add more Disney characters to your Mickey Mouse party, use these lifesize cutouts. Goofy is appropriately taller than Mickey and Donald who each stand 42 inches tall.
Mickey Mouse Party Banners and Backdrops
There are lots of Mickey Mouse party decorations you can make from balloons, too:
- You can use a small balloon arch in yellow and red to highlight the birthday cake or the present table.
- Make lots of mini balloon arches and put them in a maze for kids to crawl through.
- Using the large balloon flower decoration technique to make large balloon balls that look like flowers and spread them around the floor. Kids love to play balloon beach ball with large balloon clusters like this. They last for days if filled with just a balloon pump (no helium) and they float gently in the air when bounced. You can make these in any colors you need to match your party.
- Fill Deco Bubble balloons with latex, Mickey Mouse shaped balloons and float them on the ceiling of your party space. The clear, shiny material of the Deco balloons makes the colors of the balloons appear super bright and shiny.
- Inflate six primary color twisting balloons almost all the way (leaving about an inch or two uninflated at the ends). Twist all the balloons together at their base and form tall, brightly colored fronds or balloon palms. You can either place these along the edges of the room as tall, fantasy grass or hang them upside down from the ceiling for an unusual “sky”.
Here’s how one balloon seller makes outstanding use of stuffed balloons with Mickey Mouse inside: