A stuffed balloon makes a great party decoration. Kids think these are the coolest thing ever but they work really well for grown-up parties, too. Best of all, they’re not as hard to do as you might think.
To copy the idea from the video:
- Blow up one White 36in Latex Balloon but do not tie it off. You do not need to use helium.
- Place a 5″, deflated (not blown up) balloon on the end of a wooden or plastic dowel and insert the 5″ balloon into the opening of the inflated 36″ balloon, leaving just enough of the end of the 5″ balloon hanging out so that you can tie it off.
- Inflate the 5″ balloon and tie it off.
- Push the 5″ balloon all the way into the 36″ balloon.
- Repeat the process of inserting 5″ balloons. It will take 20-30 5″ balloons to fill the larger balloon.
- Leave the large balloon free to roam a dance floor or suspend it from the ceiling to make balloon clouds
Once you know how to do this, you can use the trick in a number of ways:
- Use two balloons of the same size – one clear or white for the outside balloon and one colored balloon – and simply put one balloon inside the other. If you use helium, attach a curling ribbon and tie a bow at the base of the balloons for a unique display.
- Put just two or three small balloons inside one larger balloon.
- Use helium and make floating clouds.
- Follow the concept in the video and attach balloon clusters to the string used to hang the stuffed balloon to make visually interesting balloon columns.
Use your imagination and fit the colors to your theme. These will truly surprise your party guests.